THE HOLY BOOK OF UNIVERSAL TRUTHS,
K. U. P.
(Kimball's Unauthorized Perversion)
2. Definition of conservative isolationism: America is too good for the world.
Definition of liberal isolationism: The world is too good for America.
3. "If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions."--Abba Eban, former Israeli foreign minister and UN envoy
4. "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight - nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety - is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions and blood of better men than himself."--John Stuart Mill
6. "Anyone in doubt should note that the number of Jewish terrorists can be counted on one hand with a missing digit, whereas a list of Muslim terrorist names would take as long to compile as it took Yad Vashem to compile the list of Holocaust victims. Indeed, a Muslim terrorist list would read like a Jewish Nobel laureate list, whereas the Jewish terrorist list reads like the Muslim Nobel laureate list."--Julia Gorin
7. "Iraq is just like Vietnam except: We occupy Hanoi. We've captured Ho Chi Minh. The North Vietnamese have just held a free and democratic election. The North Vietnamese are working on a new constitution. Yes, Iraq is just like Vietnam."--Art Fougner, in a letter to the Wall Street Journal
8. "We would have preferred to hit a US frigate, but no problem because they are all infidels."--a spokesman for the Islamic Army of Aden, explaining why they bombed a French oil tanker in 2002.
9. "Without a political goal, guerrilla warfare must fail, as it must if political objectives do not coincide with the aspirations of the people and their sympathy, co-operation, and assistance cannot be gained."--Mao Zedong (somebody needs to tell that to the so-called "insurgents" killing civilians in Iraq).
10. "There is a question," our correspondent writes, "that less-sophisticated Americans ask (and more-sophisticated Americans would like to): Why are people in the Middle East so crazy? Here, at the pyramids, was an answer from the earliest days of civilization: People have always been crazy."--P. J. O'Rourke, for The Atlantic, 09/30/2002.
11. "A civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."--Jean-François Revel, French author
12. "How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.
"Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."
--Sir Winston Churchill, The River War, first edition, Vol.II, pages 248-50 (London: Longmans, Green & Co., 1899). Churchill was only 25 years old at the time; one year earlier he had fought at the battle of Omdurman. Click here and here to see why he knew what he was talking about.
13. "Who is in charge of the clattering train?
The axles creak and couplings strain,
And the pace is hot, and the points are near,
And sleep has deadened the driver's ear;
And the signals flash through the night in vain,
For Death is in charge of the clattering train."
--Sir Winston Churchill in the 1930s, as he saw World War II coming.
14. "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."--Winston Churchill, 1942, discussing World War II
15. "If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case; you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."--Sir Winston Churchill
16. "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life."--Sir Winston Churchill
17. "There is something not just ridiculous but unbecoming about a hyperpower 300 million strong whose elites--from the deranged former vice president down--want the outcome of a war, and the fate of a nation, to hinge on one freaky jailhouse; elites who are willing to pay any price, bear any burden, as long as it's pain-free, squeaky-clean and over in a week. The sheer silliness dishonors the memory of all those we're supposed to be remembering this Memorial Day."--Mark Steyn, columnist, 2006.
18. "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"--Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776.
19. "No matter how you feel about it, the truth is:
21. "Thus spake the AntiJew: 'With twenty-one Arab states and only one for Jews, the problem is: There aren't enough Arab states.'
The Arabs have 40% more land than Americans. Israel owns land the size of New Jersey. But the AntiJew says, 'Israel has way too much land, and the Arabs not enough.'" --Sha'i ben-Tekoa, webmaster of DeprogramProgram.com.
22. "There is some good in the world that is worth fighting for. What can men do against such reckless evil? If one does not oppose it, does not fight it, then all that is great and good in the world will be gone."
--J. R. R. Tolkien (from The Two Towers)
23. "I see in your eyes the same fear that would break the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day, we fight! . . . By all you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand with me, men of the West!"
--J. R. R. Tolkien again (from The Return of the King, Aragorn's speech before the final battle)
24. "The State Department’s job is to foster anti-Americanism and world turmoil, at which it excels. At least as far as I can discern."--Richard Pryor
25. "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."--George Orwell
26. "Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in a script remarkably like the one that today advertises ice cream at the corner candy store."--Dr. Charles Krauthammer, from the Weekly Standard, May 11, 1998
27. "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."--Ambrose Bierce, satirist
28. Dana Perrino (of Fox News) once interviewed a Navy SEAL. After discussing all the countries he had been sent to, she asked if they had to learn several languages? He answered, "Oh no ma'am, we don't go there to talk."
29. "Islam - your son dies for God; Christianity - God's Son died for you."--Dr. Frank Turek
30. "In 2007 Islam and Judaism's holiest holidays overlapped for 10 days. Muslims racked up 397 dead bodies in 94 terror attacks across 10 countries during this time... while Jews worked on their 159th Nobel Prize."--The Religion of Peace
31. "I would talk about how Muslims are flooding, occupying, in no uncertain terms, destroying Europe; about how Europe relates to this, about the suicidal liberalism and the stupid democracy . . . It always ends the same way: civilization reaches a stage of maturation where it is not only unable to defend itself, but where it in a seemingly incomprehensible manner worships its own enemy."--Hungarian Jewish writer and Holocaust survivor Imre Kertész (compare his words with the article on this site concerning European civilization)
© Copyright 2009 Charles Kimball